The institution is spread over a sprawling campus with calm surroundings, creating a fitting atmosphere for study. The Institute provides a clean and invigorating environment conducive for higher education.
It is the first Engineering College to be started in the most backward erstwhile Cuddalore District of the State of Tamilnadu to develop the people academically, socially and economically.
The Department of Mechanical Engineering started during 1995 is presently having an intake of 120. The Department is accredited by National Board of Accreditation of AICTE, New Delhi. The department offers one post graduate program MANUFACTURING ENGINEERING (ME - MFG).
The Department of Mechanical Engineering provides high quality education along with discipline. The faculty members make it possible to give individual attention to the learners and to motivate them to achieve their professional goals. The curriculum structure of the department is designed to meet the present day requirement of Industries and corporate sectors. The interaction between the staff and students is excellent and all the laboratories are well equipped as per requirements of the curriculum.
- To develop competent and creative world class Mechanical Engineers who use their talents to achieve the excellence.
- To provide the students qualitative technical knowledge, nurture creativity and critical thinking by applying global competency factors in Mechanical Engineering through effective teaching- learning processes and to keep the students abreast of the latest technology to cope up with ever changing requirements of industries.
Scope of Employment
There is a huge demand for skilled mechanical engineers in India and abroad. The expertise of a mechanical engineer is required in manufacturing industries like automobiles, aviation, etc. In the recent times and due to the advent in technology, the skills of a mechanical engineer is sought in fields such as nano-technology, biomedical engineering, energy conservation and more. According to reports, the growth in this industry it is said within the next few years, mechanical engineering will be the highest paid career option.
Mechanical engineers can work in industries like thermal power plants, gas turbines, oil, refining, agriculture, education, aviation, automobile, armed forces, pharmaceutical and much more.
- A fully fledged placement cell is available to arrange placement for the qualified students. The aim of the cell is to find“Right job for the Right candidate” .
- We are moving towards the “EXCELLENCE IN CAREER GUIDANCE AND 100% PLACEMENTS”.
Programme Educational Objectives
- Graduates of B.E. Mechanical Engineering should have a comprehensive background of mathematics, science, and basics of mechanical engineering to solve applications related mechanical engineering and multidisciplinary areas.
- Graduates of B.E. Mechanical Engineering need to develop expertise and acumen in core areas like design, thermal and manufacturing engineering to the satisfaction of employers and blossom into entrepreneurs, scientists and technocrats with ethical values.
- Mechanical Engineering program orients its graduates towards professional growth either through employment or higher studies or research and contemporary areas of socio-technological issues like energy crisis, pollution and industrial relations.
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering to real world applications.
- An ability to identify, formulates, analyze and solve complex mechanical engineering problems.
- An ability to Design Mechanical Engineering components processes and creates products or systems within economic, environmental, ethical and manufacturability constraints.
1. Metallurgy Lab
2. Machine Shop - I (Lathe Machines)
3. Machine Shop – II (Special Purpose Machines)
4. Fluid Mechanics & Machinery Lab
5. Strength of Materials Lab
6. Thermal Engineering Lab
7. Dynamics Lab
8. Mechatronics Lab
9. Engineering Practice Lab
- Guest Lectures:
To conduct the Guest lecture for “Transforms and Partial Differential Equation”.
Our students also conduct Events to prove themselves for Extra Curricular Activities.
Value Added Courses
- Solid work
- Automobile parts Assemble
- We are Giving the “EXCELLENCE IN CAREER GUIDANCE AND 100% PLACEMENTS”.
- Our final year student K.Venkatesan to achieve the black belt in International level in Karate.