Mr. K. V. Rajarajan ,ME,
HOD/ Mechanical Engineering
|Year of Starting :
||1995 with AICTE approval
Mechanical Engineering is often referred to as the basic engineering discipline because whatever field of engineering one wishes to major in, the basics of Mechanical Engineering come in handy in the effective design, development and optimization of equipment and devices used in any industrial activity. The outcome of any Mechanical Engineering effort manifests itself as consumer durables and capital equipment for manufacture and energy conversion. Mechanical Engineering also plays a significant role in maintenance activities of all types of design, selection, installation, maintenance and upkeep of production facilities, in addition to the direct supervisory need of the shop floor.
In addition, auxiliary units provide opportunities for self-employment to trained and enterprising mechanical engineers. The demand for trained manpower is likely to increase manifold with increasing values, growing competition and greater sophistication in design, production and testing facilities.
The Department strives to impart quality education keeping in view the global scenario and social obligation. The track record of the department, judged by the employment potential of our students and noteworthy achievements of illustrious alumni, by any stands, is excellent. The department strives for continuous improvement in quality of education through curriculum development and up gradation of laboratories.
1. To provide modern facilities for achieve and new innovation in mechanical engineering field to students
2. To offer value added courses and inputs related with the recent trend and market demanded skills
3. To offer counseling , career guidance , in plant training, industrial visit and campus placement services to all the students
4. To organize continuing education programs for faculty and other supporting staff, updating their knowledge, competence and higher qualification.
5. To establish industry-institute partnership with industrial organizations for rendering our students to prepare for the industry oriented jobs.
6. To conduct the workshops and conferences for give a platform to learn more about the latest Technology of Mechanical Engineering collaboration with various funding agencies like DRDO,CSIR etc,.
back to menu
The department provides opportunities to the students to work in state of the art laboratories like
1. Manufacturing Technology Laboratory
9. Thermal Engineering Laboratory II
10.Strength of Materials Laboratory
2. Fluid Mechanics and Machinery Laboratory
3. Thermal Engineering Laboratory I
4. CAD / CAM Laboratory
5. Design and Fabrication Project
6. Dynamics Laboratory
7. Metrology and Measurements Laboratory
8. Computer Aided Machine Drawing Practice
All the laboratories are equipped with most modern equipments and instruments.
The department also provides facility for computer simulation and virtual experimentation with the latest updated software like MATLAB, MiPower, Auto CAD-Electrical, PSIM, etc… The final year students are provided all infrastructural facilities needed to carry out their projects to explore the advanced technological boom.
back to menu
1. Students are made to participate in different events which are conducted by other colleges. Students have won many prizes in the events they have participated.
2. Students have markable records in sports.
3. Number of students has passed out with more than 85% in their academic.
4. Our students placed in all MNC’s holding good position.
1.As regular practice the department conducts National level Technical Symposium to bring the skills of students in the recent developments.
2.Experts from industry are invited to give ideas what the industry expects from the students. New technologies are taught to students through Guest Lectures.
3.Students are taken for Industrial Visits to have practical knowledge about the subjects they study.
Placement and Training
Our college has a separate Placement and Training Cell which is active part with the department informing recent call Fars. Inspite the department conducts aptitude tests as well as group discussion and personality development programmes enriching the students for their placements.
Seminar and Conference
As regular practice the department conducts National level Technical Symposium to bring the skills of students in the recent developments. Staff members and Students have presented their papers and projects in various colleges.
Mathematics III / Environmental Science and Engineering / Thermal Engineering / Electronic Devices / Electric Circuits / Electrical Machines I / Principles of Communication Engineering/ Electronic Circuits / Measurements and Instrumentation / Electromagnetic Theory / Control Systems Engineering / Electrical Machines II / Numerical Methods / Digital Signal Processing / Digital and Linear Integrated Circuits / Data Structures / Electrical Machine Design / Transmission and Distribution Engineering / Total Quality Management / Microprocessor and Microcontroller / Object Oriented Programming / Power Electronics / Power System Analysis / High Voltage Engineering / Power System Operation and Control / Operations Research / Power System Protection and Switchgear Solid State Drives.
back to menu
Department of Mechanical Engineering
Raja Nagar,Tittagudi (tk),
Phone Number : 7867083621
back to menu